Providing nursing leadership to the care team, the DON / ADON will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and oversee the nursing care, standards and operations across our nursing homes, home care and other related eldercare services.
- Effectively manage and monitor service delivery at the various branches to ensure and maintain consistent and high standards of nursing care and safety as well as compliance with regulatory, professional and organizational requirements at all times.
- Work with the management in meeting the requirements of Singapore Nursing Board’s/Licensing & Accreditation Branch/Organizational rules, regulations, protocols, procedures.
- Responsible for upholding the policies and values of the organization and the nursing profession.
- Responsible for quality service delivery in accordance with the organization’s QA and Infection Control programs as well as drive both clinical and operational quality improvements.
- Continuously review to maintain a high standard of nursing care through clinical guidance, teaching, support and advice to nursing cum auxiliary staff.
- Lead regular team meetings to discuss and track resident status, address issues, complaints, etc and monitor key clinical quality indicators.
- Enforce systematic inventory control of drugs and all nursing care assets in order to achieve optimal utilization and safe storage.
- Maintain an oversight of all equipment belonging to the branches and ensure that regular servicing is carried out for all life-saving/ sensitive equipment.
- Enforce the safe storage of all confidential files, records and documents at the various branches as well as maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure that nursing team is familiar with all emergency protocols such as fire & safety, evacuation, code blue, etc protocols.
- With support of branch managers, oversee the day-to-day care operations across the nursing homes in order to deliver quality care and service to patients, relatives and visitors.
- Enforce a safe and respectful work environment at the various facilities.
- Responsible for resource planning and participate in the annual budget exercise
- Plan and work with the branch managers to ensure adequate and optimal care staff across the branches and assist in the recruitment of nursing staff as needed.
- Motivate, coach and guide teams to perform at their optimal levels.
- Foster effective and cooperative working relationships within and across departments as well as with external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the supervision, evaluation and disciplining of staff within scope of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of latest developments and advances in the field of nursing.
- Identify and plan the training and development needs of nursing and ancillary staff.
- Participate in organizational committees/workgroups activities as required.
- Possess a Degree in Nursing from a SNB Accredited University.
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior capacity which demonstrated executive ability and leadership in an acute / step-down care setting.
- Proven successful track record in managing care staff.
- A team leader player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Need to travel islandwide.
Please send all CVs/Resumes to [email protected]